Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, August 25, 2008

We are in the midst of moving. The last 2 days have been pretty insane! We have been taking some of our things over to the new place, which is right down the street from our old place. We have the bathrooms already set up! So, I KNOW on Wednesday morning when I wake up in the new house, I will at least be able to take a shower and everything will be easy to locate! Today, the movers were at our current home to pack up everything! There are boxes and furniture all over the house! Not 1 room looks orderly, which is not how I am used to living. Life doesn't always happen like you want it to. Breathing deeply helps... Tomorrow morning, while I am at work, the movers will be back to move everything to the new place. My husband will be supervising them. I absolutely hate moving! We have moved 13 times in the last 28 years! Ridiculous! But, I guess if we keep moving, to keep our sanity, we will have to continue to use the same moving company. Thank goodness for their professionalism; they have made our last 2 moves as painless as possible.

All weekend was spent on getting both places ready for the move. On Friday night, I collapsed my studio. I took all of my visual journals off the shelves and put them in a box; they are now on their way to our new place. It is rare I go back to look at my old work. When I do, I usually cringe and say, "I made that? What was I thinking?!" I start re-working the piece in my head, then I go back and re-work the piece if I think it needs it. Well, as I flipped through my journals, I came across some pages I really, really liked! And I photographed pages from all of my visual journals and will post photos of my pages in the coming weeks. Here are a few pages from 1 of my journals that I made last year. Much of this book was completed while I was attending the Art Center.

The pages above and the 1 below, go together. Much of my work deals with freedom and justice, 2 things that are very important to me. I worked with monoprinting, incorporating a leaf I found in my yard, and packing tape.
I think this is going to be my last post for the next few days. We should have internet service come Friday night. And tomorrow afternoon when I leave work, I will be heading over to our new place. If anyone is interested in the Michael de Meng book, email @ millan0206@yahoo.com. I have been able to send 3 of my books to new homes. Stephanie, if you're reading my blog, your book went out in today's mail.


No comments: