Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Good morning! I am getting ready for work. This is another shot of Carol's yard. Carol has this amazing place that oozes art out of every nook and cranny. It is such an inviting place and I so enjoy it every time I am there. Reality has sunk in... at the end of my day today, I will be headed towards our new place. There are a 1000 things to still do before I can say, "It's done!" Last night, after dinner, we went over to the new place and spent a couple of hours putting things away. I did 2 loads of laundry. We laid down the rugs in the living room. Then, we headed out to Crate and Barrel to pick up another rug. Most of the rugs I have are Indian durries and kilms. I have half a dozen spread out throughout the house. I have this huge thing for wool rugs, especially ones that have a Middle Eastern look to them. They are SO beautiful! I have been looking for a jute or sisal rug, something sturdy that can hold up to a lot of foot traffic. I finally found something I liked in the Crate and Barrel catalog. Well, at 8:45 p.m., my husband said, "Let's go now! We can pick something up right now!" It didn't matter that the store closes at 9! We got there in 5 minutes and by 8:55, I had picked out the rug and someone was bringing it down from the 2nd floor to the 1st. By 9:05, the damn rug was in the bed of Mike's truck! We drove back to the new place, laid out the rug in the dining room, and called it a day.

No comments: