Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Some more shots from our trip to San Francisco over this past weekend. On the way back, we took the 101 instead of the 5, which we usually do. These pictures are from "Steinbeck country", Salinas. John Steinbeck is 1 of my favorite, favorite authors. I LOVE "Of Mice and Men", "The Red Pony", "Cannery Row", and "East of Eden", just to name a few. My favorite is "Of Mice and Men". As you look at these photos, you can almost see Lennie and George making their way through these beautiful fields!

Lennie said craftily - "Tell me like you done before." "Tell you what?" " 'Bout the other guys an' about us." George said, "Guys like us got no fambly. They make a little stake an' then they blow it in. They ain't got nobody in the worl' that gives a hoot in hell about 'em-" "But not us, " Lennie cried happily. "Tell about us now."

Here is a shot of the Gabilans (the mountains in the background) that Steinbeck so vividly describes in many of his books. Also, "Gabilan" is the name of the horse in "The Red Pony". I LOVE the colors seen in the fields.


No comments: