Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

YES! I got the tickets for the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art! And we have our hotel reservations confirmed for next weekend. We will be leaving a week from tomorrow for San Francisco and I can hardly wait! Any excuse to be back in the city is okay with me. The sepia photograph above is my favorite Frida Kahlo image. The photograph was taken by Imogen Cunningham, 1 of my favorite photographers and whose work I have posted before.

I have always LOVED the painting of the 2 Fridas and their hearts. Juliana Coles has a wonderful 2 page spread in 1 of her journals, titled "Mandala" that reminds me of this painting. You can view some of Juliana's amazing artwork, from her journals, at this link, http://www.flickr.com/photos/julianacoles.
One of Frida Kahlo's self-portraits. I like the richness of her brown dress and how the parrot almost blends right into it. I am very excited about seeing this exhibit. Countdown: 1 week from Saturday.


No comments: