Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Well, the last 3 days have been very exhausting at school! Being the summer school principal is really, really demanding work. But I am also enjoying it very much; now just no more earthquakes for awhile! Last night, I got a chance to see my friend, Claudia's new blog! Welcome Claudia to the blogging world. Claudia is 1 of the most special persons in my life. She is a wonderful friend, an excellent teacher, and a pretty terrific role model for our students. So, I read her blog and learned that she didn't know that the Clash ("the only band that mattered" as they have been called from the beginning!) actually were the originators of "Rock the Casbah". Being that I was an MTV kid, it is only fitting that I include in this post 1 of my top 10 all-time favorite videos, "Rock the Casbah" in all its glory. Afterall, the Clash is still 1 of my favorite bands after all these years. While I was growing up in the 70's (yes, I DO feel like I am re-living the 70's every time I get a glimpse of "That 70's Show"!), punk was just starting off. By the time the Clash hit the airwaves with "London Calling", I was a teenager. And me being in love with their music sent my dad over the edge!

No comments: