Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A few days ago, I spent a good chunk of my day running around town in search of the latest issue of 'Cloth, Paper, and Scissors'. My dear friend, Juliana Coles is 1 of the featured artists and her artwork graces the cover of the magazine. So, this post will be about Juliana's artwork.
Juliana's work is something special. It is provocative, powerful, and unique. She is constantly challenging herself as an artist. As Juliana tells it, she is not interested in making art that is pretty.

I have been collecting Juliana's artwork for the last 5 years. More importantly, every opportunity I have to take 1 of Juliana's workshops, I jump at the chance! No one has challenged me to become a better artist like Juliana has. And I am SO grateful for that.

In some of these photos, I have included pieces from my own collection of Juliana's work. The woman with the black hair is a piece that Juliana did for me. This piece is part of a group of pages Juliana completed in 1 of my journals. This piece really stands out because Juliana originally started drawing me, but as she continued to work on it, the woman became more her than me! That is a good way of saying it... Juliana even wrote that into the page as a little note to me. If you ever get an opportunity to take 1 of Juliana's classes, like Kelly says, "Run, don't walk!" Her workshops will make you look at the world in a different way. And you will learn about yourself in ways you NEVER imagined!



No comments: