Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008


Technically, I am on vacation for the next 3 weeks. However, I will be working all summer. The pace is a little slower for the next 3 weeks, so I am going to take advantage that I have a little breather. The plan is to make some new art. These 2 pages are from 1 of my journals. I really like how all the colors and textures seem to blend in perfectly with each other.

These are 2 of my latest postcards. The top postcard was created for 1 of my dearest and closest friends, George. I made this for his birthday, which was in May. George is a cop and he likes comics, so this piece was easy to create. I used 1 of the images from 'Mexican Pulp Fiction'. The bottom postcard was created for my boss. His birthday is in May too! My boss is what I would refer to as a "Renaissance" man and because he LOVES art and is Latin like me, this practically created itself! I like to use hearts and hands in my artwork as much as possible and this piece was easy to make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Rex, and I run a wee blog of my artwork in Houston, Texas. I encountered your blog when I saw making art as one of your interests. Your postcards and journal are absolutely beautiful. When I look for art to enjoy, sometimes I like to look at stuff that's so different from my own to inspire me.

Just wanted to send my cheers!

Roseann Cazares said...

Thanks Rex for the compliment and your comment. I went into your blog. And I enjoyed your "Angel Girl"(the PG sketchbook) and the "5Sins" sketches. I love cartooning and comics and have been known to draw a little Manga too. I don't draw very much since I really enjoy collage and mixed media and my time seems very limited lately. But, maybe I could do a little drawing during my Assistant Principal meetings I attend each month! Keep at it with your drawings and blogging.