Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Where have I been?! The last 2 weeks have been incredibly busy on both a professional and personal level. A week ago Monday, I interviewed for a principal's position. I got the word on Wednesday that I am 1 of the finalists and will be interviewing again this coming Monday. If everything goes alright, we should know by the end of the week who the 2 principals will be for the new school that is opening up in September. The school will actually be 2 schools on 1 campus. To say I am excited, is an understatement! On a personal level, I have been busy "helping" my husband plan a small birthday dinner for my upcoming birthday this week. I CANNOT believe I am going to turn 50! It is quite a milestone! Several friends are going to join Mike and me in celebrating several birthdays; 2 friends follow my birthday and my lovely husband's birthday is February 19, so we are going to celebrate all 4 of us at this dinner. I told my husband I wanted something very small that would be about the 4 birthdays. I have NEVER been into parties, so low-key is just perfect for me. I will start off my birthday by having a 4-day weekend, and on Friday, 1 of my oldest friends, Art, will be meeting me for breakfast in Pasadena, to celebrate his birthday, which is 2 days before mine, and my birthday. By the time February winds down, I will have celebrated my birthday all month. Lastly, I am involved in 3 Valentine's Day swaps, so that means making time to make individual valentines. Here is the 1st swap - Kara's swap. I made 3 boxes and stuffed them with beautiful Valentine's Day themed items. The 4th box is a gift for 1 of my closest friends. I stuffed a beautiful, red silk tie into it, to make it an extra special gift. The photo above really shows the details of the boxes much better than the photo below. Anyway, the 3 boxes are now on their way to Kara's house so that she may separate them and send them off their new homes. Hope the new owners enjoy them...

2 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Happy Early Birthday!!!!!!!!

*Love* the boxes

Roseann Cazares said...

Hi Kelly! Thanks! I hope you get 1 of these boxes! I made 1 with you especially in mind. Maybe you can twist Kara's arm...