Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, January 19, 2009



I was 4 years old when Dr. King gave this speech. I don't remember that day. But everytime I hear this speech, it moves me to tears. Dr. King's words are words that I have tried to live by each day of my life. In 1968, when Dr. King was assassinated, I was in 3rd grade. I remember that day as if it was yesterday. April 4 is my mother's birthday and I remember we were at home spending time with the family when the news was interrupted; Dr. King had been murdered. And what I remember most about that day was me crying and feeling the pain of something I could not quite comprehend; a feeling of despair and helplessness. On the eve of Obama's inauguration, Dr. King's words resonate throughout the world, but especially in Washington D.C., where a new chapter in our nation's history will be written. What a wonderful moment it has been for all of us to be able to truly appreciate and see Dr. King's "dream" come to fruition. We are grateful to Dr. King and so many others who sacrificed their lives to the Civil Rights Movement.

No comments: