Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2 new pages in my journal. These 2 pages speak of being at a crossroad/s of sorts. Yesterday, I had lunch with 1 of my oldest friends, Art. Art and I have been friends since I was 14. He is 2 years older than me. When I started high school, I went to a new school, a public school, after having been at the same private school for 8 years. At my old school, I knew everyone. I was lucky when I started high school, that 9th grade year, that my 2 closest friends from the previous school, went to the new school with me. Art and his cousin, Terry, were 2 of the first older kids to extend their friendship to me during that first year. Art and I were talking about all kinds of stuff during the 2 hours we met. But the thing that stuck out the most was a comment he made about traveling. Art said that the first time he visited Europe, he was in his 30's. He met people on the trip from all over the world and some of those folks had saved for many years to make that particular trip. Because they had waited so long, some of them were not able to fully appreciate the trip. He vowed he would NEVER find himself in that situation! So, these pages speak about not putting off your hopes, dreams, ambitions, etc. Saying you want to do it is NOT enough! And for those who find themselves @ a crossroad/s, hesitating is going to get you any closer to that goal or decision. You have nothing to lose by trying... and that attitude is the way I have tried to live my life. I don't have a problem landing on my ass every once in awhile. It's quite humbling! And sometimes, I really, really surprise myself by the results when that thing, whatever the thing is, turned out even better than I had hoped it would.

No comments: