Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

There is beauty everywhere you look. All you need to do is slow down and take a good look... These camelias are from my garden. In fact, the reddish-pink camelias can be seen from the windows in my studio. What a sight they are and right now, they are blooming like crazy. I have them all over my home, in glasses and vases, to add beauty to each room. And when I get stuck or need a jolt of inspiration, I just look straight ahead at the glass panes and see these hanging from their branches. At work, I experience cabin fever several times a day! My office has no windows and when the walls feel like they will swallow me up, I get up and go outside. I MUST have fresh air and be outside with nature. I take in the landscape which is quite a sight since my school is on a big hill. On a clear day, you get a breath-taking view of downtown Los Angeles. That quick escape gets me ready to go back into my work cave and I can then finish my day.

No comments: