Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Friday, January 9, 2009

My Christmas vacation is winding down to an end. Today, I spent most of the day @ the Huntington Museum, in San Marino. The Huntington is 1 of my favorite places on the planet. Everytime I visit it, the gardens look SO different! Today, I must have taken about 100 photographs. Here are some of my favorites: the butterfly above! I had to kneel and was practically on top of that butterfly.

A close-up of the Aphrodite statue. I am getting ready for my favorite day of the year, Valentine's Day.

Love these pale roses. My favorite color of roses is peach. These look like such delicate beauties.

A shot of some red roses.

I took these next 2 shots in the Japanese Garden. I was able to get quite a shot that really shows the beauty of this particular garden.

Another shot of the Japanese garden.

This is a shot of a tree that is sprouting cotton. There was a sign nearby that read: Do not pick the cotton. This is the first time I have ever seen cotton this close.

The irises are in bloom right now! Also, this is the time of year the camellias put on a show of their own! Tomorrow, I will post some shots of the different variety of camellias @ the Huntington.

No comments: