Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today was an incredibly tough day! So, I decided to write about some things that are dear to me: sunrises and poetry. Yesterday, L.K. Ludwig, http://www.gryphonsfeather.typepad.com/, challenged all of us to write about poetry and add a photo, so here is my contribution to her "Shared Words" challenge. The photo is from 1 of my visits to Hawaii. I took this photo from the balcony of our hotel room, right as the sun was about to rise. The island is Kauai. It was a spectacular moment that I am sure I didn't fully capture in this shot. The following poem is 1 of my favorites, if not favorite, poem:
"Nothing Gold Can Stay"
by
Robert Frost
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day
Nothing gold can stay.

No comments: