Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

It was really wonderful to be off for 4 days! I got a chance to spend almost all of my time with my family. We had a really nice Thanksgiving, although Mom was very much missed at the table Thursday night. On Friday, my family had its annual golf tournament, in memory of my niece, Katie, whose foundation just keeps growing each year and does so many terrific things for many folks. This year, there were over 130 golfers and the banquet room where we had dinner was wall-t0-wall with guests. Thanksgiving is an especially important and special time of year in my family. It reminds all of us about what is important in life: our health, family, and friends, and by God's good graces, we are able to enjoy another year of all that is dear to us. In between dinner and the tournament, I managed to do more "spring cleaning" and put our Christmas tree up, stockings and all! Putting the tree up during Thanksgiving weekend is a tradition in our household, just like hosting Christmas dinner is. I am contemplating having a few of my closest girlfriends over for a holiday luncheon so that we can get together (very, very long overdue!). If I do this, I think I am going to have to plan fast and squeeze in a day there mid-December. We shall see... I am SO grateful for so many blessings: my health, job, the many friends I have (too many to mention, but who are ALWAYS willing to lend a hand), family, and my dear husband. Every day, I make sure to tell Mike how lucky I am to have him and how each day for the last 29 years, has been a gift. When I get a breather, I am going to make some new art. In the meantime, I am going to keep making mail art like the piece above.

3 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Roseann, that is a *gorgeous* piece!!!

So happy to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Hope things are well..miss you!!

Roseann Cazares said...

Thanks,Kelly! Weren't we supposed to have lunch this past weekend?!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Yeah-what happened to that!??! I figured you got busy ;)

Drop me an email when you can...