Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Feliz dia de los muertos, the Day of the Dead. On November 2, the Day of the Dead is celebrated in Mexico. It is the day that we commemorate and celebrate the lives of family members and friends who have died. We celebrate their lives with altars, flowers, their favorite foods, pumpkin seeds, candles, and mementos from their lives. There are several places around town today that are offering wonderful activities for adults and children. Here are 3 of my favorite places to visit on a dia de los muertos:
1. Self-Help Graphics, in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles
3802 E. Cesar Chavez Avenue, Los Angeles
2. The Folk Tree, in Pasadena
217 S. Fair Oaks, Pasadena
3. Olvera Street, in downtown Los Angeles
845 N. Alameda Street, Los Angeles
Best thing about all 3: the price. All are free! There are wonderful, nearby places to grab a pan dulce and champurrado or cup of coffee, at Olvera Street and Self-Help Graphics, or lunch, at El Mercado, which is on 1st Street, in the center of Boyle Heights. I have been sick all weekend with a stupid cold and I know if I felt 100%, I would be heading to Olvera Street right now.

No comments: