Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

El dia de los muertos is 1 of my favorite holidays, right behind Valentine's Day. As always, there is NEVER enough hours in a day. I started working on some dia de los muertos artwork, and although I started several coffins over a month ago, I only managed to get 2 of the 6 completed before today. So, the other 4 will be a little late! Anyway, here are 2 of the pieces I did complete. I bought several plain, wooden boxes and made them coffins, then I decorated the top part (the lid) of the coffin. Inside each box is a clay calavera that depicts that person to the t! I bought the calaveras at the Folk Tree, http://www.folktree.com/, then once the coffins were finished, I glued the calaveras into their new homes. Because I haven't finished the other 4 coffins, I won't give it away and say who got the first 2 or who will be getting the others!

No comments: