Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Well, I was going to post some artwork tonight, but I changed my mind after looking at my email. My darling 13-year-old niece, Francesca, sent me a video of one of my favorite artists: Alicia Keys. So, I decided to post one of my all-time favorite songs by my favorite female artist, Sade. I have been in LOVE with Sade and her music since she first burst on the music scene, back in 1984. She is the "Queen of Smooth" - so stylish and sophisticated in everything she does. Her music is timeless. And Alicia Keys is a powerful force to be reckon with. Both of these women are such positive role models. They have succeeded by not playing into the fiction of what a woman is 'supposed' to be. They march to their own drum. And that comes across so clearly in their work. I too try to be that positive role model for all of my nieces and female students. I do not accept that women can't or shouldn't do certain things or that they must act a certain way. I LOVE the challenge of no...it makes me want to do it even more.

No comments: