Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, October 7, 2007



As promised, here is my art-kit-on-the-run! This is a lunchbox that I have packed to the hilt! The lunchbox is black and has Jolly Roger skeletons in bright colors as the background. It has some of my favorite supplies in it: Caran d'Ache watersoluble crayons, Sharpie poster-paint markers in hot pink and bright blue, Crayola paints, a Scotch permanent glue stick, an alphabet stencil, collage images, Sakura stickers, scraps of paper and other ephemera, a white Signo pen, and silver and gold gel pens. There is even room for my journal - a black Moleskin journal and a small book to jot down some ideas or thoughts. My art kit goes pretty much everywhere with me. If I am not carrying it with me, it sits comfortably in my car, in the front. It has saved my butt a couple of times. Every time I leave the house, I make sure to always have something to do, just in case there is an emergency. I take a book or magazine with me, as well as the art kit. This way, there is plenty to keep me busy. A couple of weeks ago, I had a first (for me, anyway). A student got sick and was transported by ambulance to the hospital. I rode along with the student and paramedics. I had to wait for the parent to arrive at the hospital before I could go back to work. I was tied up at the hospital for about an hour-and-a-half. So, I sat out in the waiting room and worked on two pages I had started a few days before. It was a nice break from the fast pace I have at work and because everything is in the kit, it didn't require me to take a bunch of crap with me.

No comments: