Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, October 8, 2007

There are NEVER enough hours in a day! I had a late night tonight and didn't get home until after 8:00. I am starting on a new piece that is going to be about 12'' x 12'' in size. This is the first stage - I glued down a bunch of decorative papers on a canvas board. If you just look at the photo, it looks like crap thrown together. But by the second stage, it will be completely painted in a neutral color, such as Titan buff; that will be the next layer. And on and on it will go until the images are added. I am working on this piece with a very short deadline: I want to have this completed by the end of this weekend. I am donating this piece to some thing that is close to my heart, a children's center. Anytime kids are involved, I will lend my support. In the next post, I will talk about what is next for me...

No comments: