Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, December 29, 2008

I have been lusting for the Peter Beard journal collection since I found out the book was going to be published! Here are a few pages (above and below) from the book.

The book is actually 2 volumes! My husband got me this wonderful and inspiring gift for Christmas! Yesterday, I spent several hours pouring over the 2 books. However, as inspirational a gift as it is, the most special gift I received was from my younger brother, Michael. Next time I post, I will show off his gift! The next 3 shots are of my latest book.

These 2 pages (above) are the opening pages of my book. I made this book in Kelly's "Reclaimed: An Artist's Altered Book" class, back in early December. Check out Kelly's blog to see some of her wonderful work, http://www.kellykilmer.blogspot.com/. It is the first time in almost a year I have worked in a book. I made a deal with myself after I made this book: this book is going to be finished by the time I go back to work, in 2 weeks! We shall see... but, I am up to the challenge.

I really liked working on these 2 pages! I like the idea of the Janus-faced character, since it seems like most of our lives are spent with 2 faces, our public and private.

These last 2 pages are actually the last pages in my book. I figured if I could get the first and last pages completed, the rest of the book would unfold itself to me. And it has! I am at about the half-way point with my book! I keep working in different places each time I pick it up.




3 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

I LOVE your journal!!! LOVE it!!!!!!

Isn't the Beard book amazing?!?! I'm so happy they finally released a copy that's somewhat affordable (well, compared to the $2,000 version of it LOL).

:) Hope you had a nice Christmas!!

Roseann Cazares said...

Yes, Kelly, it was a nice Christmas. Thanks for asking! And I KNOW yours was terrific! So, how about we get together next week, maybe for breakfast?

Kelly Kilmer said...

Sounds good-drop me an email when you can :)