Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Friday, October 31, 2008

It has been an incredibly busy 2 weeks at work! Unfortunately, that hasn't left me a lot of time to blog or make new art! However, I have been most fortunate to be able to combine the art with work. In the last couple of weeks, I have taught in 3 different classes at school. I was a guest artist in 3 art classes, so I had the students create dia de los muertos ATC's. Here are some of the artist trading cards I created as samples. Some of these ATC's have now found new homes. Anyway, both the students and I had a ball and last week, the student evaluations came in for a new class we are offering this year called "Art Matters" and the #1 comment from the 4 classes was that the best part of the 10 week course was having me teach in their classes as the guest artist! How do I feel about that?! I am on cloud 9 and feel great about kicking ass in the classroom again!

Next semester, I will be teaching 2 days a week in 1 of the "Art Matters" classes. At the beginning of this year, it was my intention to teach every day in 1 of the classes, but at the last minute, the schedule was changed and another teacher got the class. I can't say enough how excited I am about teaching again, even if it just a couple of days a week. Until I die, I will continue to say, "I am a teacher first and I will always be a teacher."




2 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Beautiful cards, Roseann.

Have a wonderful Dia de los Muertos...
make lots of art ;)

Roseann Cazares said...

Thanks, Kelly for the kind words! I really enjoyed making these and working with the students. It forced me to slow down!