Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The last 3 weeks have been very difficult and stressful with dealing with Mom's last days and her passing. I am SO looking forward to going on a mini-vacation anywhere! I have SO loved visiting the California missions over the last 10 years. There are 21 missions in total. The missions are sprinkled all over California. I have visited most of the missions. In fact, some of the missions I have visited multiple times. The above shot is Mission Santa Barbara, which is considered 1 of the most beautiful missions.

The above shot is from Mission La Purisima, which is in Lompoc. This mission really stands out because of its exterior, which is painted pink. Also, in comparison to some of the more elaborate missions, such as Mission Santa Barbara and Mission Carmel, La Purisima is very simplistic in its decor. I LOVE this shot because the door is so inviting to visitors.

This is a shot of Mission Dolores, in San Francisco. I am not very religious, but when I do go to church, this is the place I frequent. This is where I attend mass. When I am inside this church, I feel such comfort. There is only 1 place that I feel completely at ease; it is in San Francisco. Over the years, I have traveled all over California, documenting the missions with my trusty camera. These 3 pictures are part of that documentation.

No comments: