Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am SO looking forward to this week being over. The last 2 days have been filled with a lot of professional bullshit, but because I have so much more going for me than just my job and the title that goes along with it, I am going to focus on 1 of my favorite days of the year: el dia de los muertos, which is November 2.

I have had el dia de los muertos fever since the beginning of October. So, last week, I headed over to 1 of my favorite, favorite, favorite places, the Folk Tree, in Pasadena. The Folk Tree and I have been joined at the hip for the last 20 plus years.

Because I was in the Folk Tree on a week day, I had the store all to myself. I spent an hour-and-a-half going through the entire store, oohing and ahhing!
Not only did I get a chance to take in all of the store's beautiful displays, Rocky Behr, the owner, let me photograph the dia de los muertos gallery show.

Rocky is 1 of my favorite people - I really love her! It is hard to believe how long we have known each other! She told me she is going to be 80 this coming year! That is SO hard to believe because she has the spirit of a young woman. When we met, I was a new teacher - I had just a couple of years of teaching experience under my belt. It is harder to believe that I am in my 25th year of being an educator.

Anyway, out came my camera! And so, here are some of my favorite shots. I think this is 1 of the best shows the Folk Tree has ever put on. When I need a shot of artistic inspiration, this is the place I go. And, I am never disappointed! For more information on the Folk Tree, check out my blog's links. It is 1 of my most beloved places! Thank you, Rocky! I love you!





No comments: