Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008




This is some of my artwork from the last 2 years. I weaved a theme into all these pieces. I wanted to show that women are more than sexual objects. I showed their strength whether they were naked, semi-clothed, or fully dressed. I varied techniques to make these pieces. I drew, collaged, and photographed images of women. I am thinking of reworking these pieces into 1 larger piece. Some ideas are bouncing around in my head! I like to incorporate nudes into my artwork. 2 HUGE influences on my work are my dear friend and amazing artist, Juliana Coles, and Anh Duong. I LOVE Anh Duong's book, "(Self) Portraits". I find myself constantly refering back to it. Now, I just wish Juliana would publish a book of her work. The best way I can describe Juliana's work is raw, honest, and provocative. There is nothing I have seen in the last few years that comes close to Juliana's artwork. At the end of this month, I will be taking a weekend class that Juliana is teaching @ Carol Park's spectacular house/studio. I am so grateful for every moment of every class I have taken with Juliana because she has challenged me as an artist and person in ways no one else has. After her classes, you feel exhausted emotionally, mentally, and physically. If you ever get an opportunity to take a class she is teaching, don't walk; "run" (as my other dear friend, Kelly Kilmer says) to it!

No comments: