Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Waiting On A Friend

I started my morning today by listening to the Rolling Stones, while I got ready for work. I think the Stones are the best band ever! One of the best concerts I ever attended was the Rolling Stones and Guns 'N Roses show, at the Coliseum, in L.A. Talk about pretty fucking amazing! I went to the concert with my sister, Rachel, and we had a great time. We got home @ 4:00 a.m., went to our respective schools to teach our English classes just a few hours later that morning, got rained on at the concert, and I got laryngitis. Dad gave each of us a big lecture, even though we were both big girls and were no longer living at home. But who cares? This was the Stones we're talking about! My dad said something to me like, "Are you crazy or what? The cemetery is full of stupid people!" My response was, "It's only rock 'n roll, but I like it." Because I was already sick when I went to the concert, I lost my voice for a few days. That night was one of the most memorable moments in my life-time - magical. "Waiting on a Friend" is my all-time favorite Stones' song.

No comments: