Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, January 7, 2008

I am still not 100% yet. I can't believe I have been sick for almost 2 weeks. I am still congested and it makes it hard to sleep at night. This flu has really kicked my butt! Thank God I got a flu shot back in late October, or I would have probably been a lot sicker. I go back to work tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. On another note, I finally took down all the Christmas decorations - it took me several days to accomplish that. I am now anxiously awaiting my favorite holiday of the year: Valentine's Day. When I was a kid, because I attended a Catholic school, we always got Valentine's Day off because it was a Catholic holiday. I love the old Victorian designs, the hearts, and angels that can be found in Valentine's Day art. I LOVE Valentine's Day so much, that I got married on that day. Something must be going right since we will be celebrating our 27th anniversary next month! Here is some of my Valentine's Day stash. In the background is a box of hearts. My best friend, Sergio, gave me this gift for Christmas. He knows I collect hearts - I have since I was a little girl. I took the Christmas decorations off my small iron tree. Now, the tree is covered in hearts and birds to welcome Valentine's Day. The milagros, stickers, and collage sheet will be used for cards and a swap that I am involved in. Now, I need to get better to get moving on all the things I wanted to get done while I was on my 3 week "vacation"! After being sick for the last 2 weeks, I promised myself I would slow down; my "gift" to me. But I am itching to make some new art.

No comments: