Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The following are some of my ATC's (artist trading cards) that I have started to make for the Valentine's Day swap. I completed 8 over the weekend, but still need another 26 to go! Last night, I designed labels that I am going to put on the back of my ATC's, to promote my blog. The labels should be here by Wednesday. I am so excited about the Valentine's Day luncheon that Carol is hosting. I really love Carol and am so appreciative to have her as my friend. She is such a caring, supportive, and inspirational person. Every time I go over to her home, she literally rolls out the red carpet and makes all feel welcome. Also today, I got started on my 3 paper dolls for a swap that Tammie Moore is hosting. The deadline is looming over my head! I think the deadline is this weekend. I really put a lot of detail into my cards. I spent about an hour on each, getting the look just right. The dolls will be much easier since I am going to leave the torsos nude. I had a very busy weekend! I had my drawing class this morning. We were off from class last Sunday because of the Martin Luther King holiday. We are off next Sunday because of the Super Bowl. I am the most undisciplined person I know! I do very well on Monday-Friday, but the weekend is another story! I usually stay up really late and sleep in a couple of more hours on the weekends. So, getting up early and being ready for a 9:00 a.m. class is hard. I am very proud that I have made it to every class on time. We have 5 more class sessions left. After class, I headed to the mall. I haven't been to the mall since late November. I had to run a couple of errands: my shampoo, conditioner, and hair gloss needed to be replenished and I searched for a sexy, red lipstick! The red lipstick is for Valentine's Day! I rarely use red lipstick unless I am going to some kind of formal event. I am so pale that the red gives my skin a little color. I already have one red lipstick; it is a gorgeous gloss by Chanel, but I wanted something just a little more subtle. Needless-to-say, I left the store without finding what I wanted. I did get all the hair products I needed and I bought some Valentine's Day paper. I am such a paper whore - like Kelly and a lot of other artists out there! I also bought a really nice, black dress that I could probably get away with wearing at work or out for a dressy event. It is one of those dresses that definitely needs a black pump with a killer heel to give it some oomph! Who said assistant principals can't be sexy?! I hope my bosses aren't reading this...

1 comment:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

These look great!!! I want to design labels, too. Actually stickers. Do you know where I can go for that?