Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I went back to work today! It was an extremely busy day. I still don't feel 100%, so I don't want to over-do it. But it was good to be back at work. This is one of my favorite pieces. I altered an atlas awhile ago and this is a piece I created inside the book's pages. I am taking a drawing class at one of our local community colleges. The class meets from January to March, on Sunday mornings. Class is from 9:00 a.m. (what was I thinking?!) to noon. It is really, really hard for me to get up early on the weekends! Unless I am working on a Saturday or have some type of social engagement, I am just awful about getting up before 7:30 a.m. My rationale is there is no reason to get up any earlier. The getting up isn't the problem - it is the getting out of bed that is the hardest part for me. Besides the drawing class, I start back at the Art Center, here in Pasadena, this upcoming week. I will be taking one class, from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m., on Mondays only. It is a story-telling class that I will be taking for the next 4 months. I am really excited about this course since the class will give me an opportunity to combine my writing skills with art. Sort of what I have tried to do with my photographs and books all these years.

No comments: