Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, January 21, 2008

I can't believe how this past week flew! This was an extremely busy weekend too. On Saturday, one of my friends, Carolyn, had a few of us over for lunch at her place. I had a great time. I got to catch up with 3 dear friends from Garfield. It's kind of funny that every time I see people from my old school, Garfield, the first or one of the first questions to me is, "When are you coming back to Garfield?" I have no idea what next year will look like for me. I am hoping just to stay in one place for awhile, whether that be our next home or this crazy job of mine. Yesterday, I had breakfast with Maria. Maria and I try to have breakfast every Sunday. We hang out at a little restaurant in San Marino, called "Colonial Kitchen". We spent part of the afternoon cruising my neighborhood. Maria is thinking of buying a house this year and really loves my neighborhood - so do I. So much so, that I am hoping our next place is in this same neighborhood. This morning, my husband, Mike, and I had breakfast at my favorite place to have breakfast, "Julienne's", in San Marino. I LOVE their french toast! We got back around 11:30 and I headed out the door to run errands. I spent a couple of hours shopping for art supplies, particularly Valentine's Day themed artwork. I have a couple of serious deadlines coming up for Valentine's Day swaps. One of the swaps I'm a part of is a paper doll swap. We will make 3 dolls and then, mail them off to the hostess. I haven't made a paper doll since I was a little girl, but these type of dolls are not the kind I would have made or played with as a child. The second swap is on a grander scale: I will be making 36 Valentine Day cards. My dear friend, Carol, is having her annual Valentine's Day tea party. This will be the first time I will be attending the tea party and I am really excited about all the art we will be creating and swapping. Each of the guests will receive a Valentine's Day card that I have created for them. Both deadlines are for early February, which is right around the corner. While I was checking out what art supplies I was going to buy, I received a text from my dear friend, George. George was at an appointment in Pasadena. We hadn't seen each other since before the holidays. Anyway, since George was right down the street, we decided to make some time to meet for coffee, tea, and dessert, since I am not a coffee drinker. I invited George to our house since he had never been here before. George got a chance to meet my husband and check out our place. Then, we were off to the "Coffee Table", in Eagle Rock. I drove. The restaurant is just down the hill from us, about 5 minutes. George had a burger and coffee and I had a slice of cheesecake and iced tea. We got a chance to catch up. Then, I drove through the arroyo so George could see how beautiful the view is at night and he got a glimpse of San Rafael. We got to our place and I made George a cup of coffee before he left. After George left, I went to the market, got back and made dinner, then cleaned up. I think I need another 3-day weekend just to recuperate from this extremely busy weekend! These two journal pages are my latest art. I started working on them at the end of December and into early January. I am not one to make New Year's resolutions. The December page is about all the great things I experienced in the past year. Although there is some sadness to some of those things, all were learning experiences. I am hoping to speed up the artwork, beginning tomorrow night. If I can swing it tomorrow, I hope to do a little artwork after dinner. I am hoping to go to the gym too.

No comments: