Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

My husband and I watched Fellini's "8 1/2" last night. What an incredible movie! Marcello Mastroianni is perfect as "Guido" ( I am dying to see how Daniel Day Lewis brings his "Guido" to life in "9")! Although I know some of "8 1/2" and have seen bits and pieces of it over the years, last night was the first time I saw the entire movie. At the beginning of my 3 week vacation, I posted on my blog that I wanted to see 3 movies. Those movies are "9", "A Single Man", and "Broken Embraces". Tomorrow begins week 3 of my break, so I need to stop talking about doing it and head to a theater first chance I get! I am running out of time! And on the subject of movies, my husband has challenged me to put together a list of 52 movies to watch this year. I know whatever I come up with, many of those film choices will include classics and foreign, which is my favorite genre. I hope the next movie the 2 of us sit and watch at home is Fellini's "La Dolce Vita". More on that later on...

2 comments:

lee said...

I to love movies, i also like old ones, french sub titles, etc. But I dont know if I want to see 9, one thing I dont like is musicals.

Roseann Cazares said...

Lee, I have never really been into musicals either, but I am a BIG fan of Daniel Day Lewis and I like Penelope Cruz's work as well. Having seen "8 1/2" and knowing the story has made me want to see
"9". I will let you know if I enjoyed it after I see it this week.