Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Here are some photos of some of the artwork I created while I was on vacation. I created this travel journal and field kit for Seth Apter, whose blog is called "The Altered Page", http://www.thealteredpage.blogspot.com/. Seth has been 1 of my biggest supporters for awhile now and during the time I was working on my own India journal, I received many compliments on my pages. So of course, it was only fitting that I make Seth an India journal of his own.

One of the things I have learned from reading Seth's blog for the last year is that he is a BIG fan of the color blue. So, in putting together his journal, I tried to incorporate the blue he likes plus the vibrant colors of my own journal that Seth really liked.

Here is a shot of the interiors of the field kit. The hand on the left was made with a rubber stamp. I then painted and added my own touches to make it "gel" with the India theme and the recurring of the hands throughout the journal and field kit covers.


7 comments:

Jill Zaheer said...

How very beautiful and such a touching post. What a gift and compliment above all others for Seth. I am sure he will be overwhelmed and honored. It is really a treasure.

Jill Zaheer said...

What a beautiful post. It is such a beautiful gift and the ultimate compliment. I know Seth will be honored and so touched.

Kelly Kilmer said...

I Love it, Roseann! I know Seth will, too! Your work is super fabulous and made with so much heart!!!!!!!

Seth said...

A million thank yous for this wonderful and thoughtful gift. I love how you weaved together both of us in this piece. I am so very appreciative and wish everybody could see how it is even better in person!!

lee said...

wow you did a great job, you are truly a person with a big heart....

Numinosity said...

I love the hand stitching and I'm always drawn to an Indian theme.

Unknown said...

I bet you had a great vacation. To create such wonderful piece you really need talent and creativity. And that is something you have. Fabulous!
-Building a house