Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010! I will echo what many have said: Thank God 2009 is over! It has been an incredibly busy 2 weeks off. This is a shot of my beautiful niece, Francesca and me @ dinner last night. We had a wonderful New Year's Eve dinner with just the family.

Here is a shot of 1 of the gifts I wrapped. I believe that a gift's presentation should be just as special as the gift inside.

A shot of 1 of the 2 trees I put up this year @ home. Also, I have a small tree in my office @ school.

I bought this pink (yes, pink!) tree right before Thanksgiving. I have always wanted a non-traditional tree to go alongside the more traditional tree that I decorate each year. I wanted this little guy to reflect my culture. That being said, I decorated it with ornaments from various countries from Latin America. I have so many ornaments and each year, I buy 1 for the bigger tree. It seems each of the ornaments I have acquired over the last 30 years has a very special story.

Here are the 2 trees on display together. The smaller, pink tree is on top of a table, in the living room. This year, I decided to put the larger tree in the dining room. This was a great idea since it gave us lots of room to move around!

What makes the holidays SO much fun? The opportunity to spend time with our family and friends. Here are 2 of my good friends, Nicolette and Claudia, with me. My husband and I attended Nicki's "karaoke" party and had a blast. The highlight of the night: Claudia and Alejandro performing Michael Jackson's "PYT". They did a GREAT job!

Speaking of wonderful friends, here is a shot of my friend, Donna and me @ the Huntington Museum, having tea. Although it was less than a week before Christmas, Donna and I managed to have the Huntington tearoom pretty much to ourselves. In fact, the young ladies who were waiting on us were SO comfortable with just us in the room, that they were able to carry on a very personal conversation regarding men and something about "size mattering" ... oh, my! What a fresh breath of air blew into the SUPER proper Huntington that afternoon!

And somewhere in all this craziness and fun that the holidays bring, I have started on a new book. Here are the 1st few pages of this new visual journal.

Lastly, on the page on the left, I used a stencil that I confiscated from a student who had a backpack-full of graffiti supplies ready to use @ school (oh no!). The student was cited by our officers and his stash was scooped up by them. However, I told the student I wanted to keep 1 of his stencils and would use it later for my own artwork. He gave me this 1 which I have added my own touches too. Speaking of work, I am off 1 more week and looking forward to making more art, which is something I have been doing almost every day. Once again, happy new year! May 2010 be a wonderful and magical year for you - go out and make some art!









No comments: