Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day has always been my favorite day of the year. It is also my wedding anniversary. This Valentine's Day was an especially tiring day. I sent a larger than normal amount of Valentine's Day cards out to friends. And for some very special people, I made ATC's and mail art. Also, I have to talk about all those sweets: candy, cupcakes, and of course, this lovely cake! I never thought I would say this, but I am sweeted out! I started the day running around at work. I left work about 1:15 so that I could make my 1:30 doctor's appointment @ Kaiser. I had my yearly physical. I hurt my back and shoulder at work earlier in the week (it is a LONG story), so my doctor added a trip to the x-ray technician. Another BIG surprise, it was time for my tetanus shot. I can't think of anything I despise more in life. I told my doctor that I would rather have a root canal than that shot. Needless-to-say, I got my shot in my left shoulder. I made sure to ask for it there since I am right-handed and did not want to struggle with my arm the next few days. I have felt really shitty for the last 3 days. My arm is swollen, I had a fever yesterday, and I have had the sniffles for 2 days. All side effects of the shot. Back to Valentine's Day... I spent almost 3 hours @ Kaiser. From Kaiser, I headed to Amy's Bakery, in Montebello. I have been going to Amy's almost my entire life! I bought this beautiful cake there. An older woman struck up a conversation with me while I was waiting for one of the girls to write on the cake. She had heard me tell the girl that I wanted 'Happy Anniversary' written on the cake. She asked me if it was my anniversary. I said, "Yes, we have been married 27 years." The lady said, "You are a baby. I have been married for 59 years." She told me about how old she had been when she married and about raising 3 children. She was very pleasant and I enjoyed listening to her life story! She asked me if I was from another country (everyone thinks I am a foreigner!). I told her that I was a native, born in Los Angeles and raised in Montebello. I went to shake her hand and I told her my name. She said, "My name is Elvira. It was very nice to meet you, Roseann. You are a very nice and pretty girl." A girl... it has been quite a long time since I was a girl! From Amy's, I headed to Pasadena and to my neighborhood Borders. I was looking for Lynne Perrella's new book, but had no luck finding it. I headed home and my niece, Francesca called me while I was on the road to ask if we were going to be home within the next hour. I said, "Yes". I beat my husband home and told him my sister and Francesca were headed to our place. I suggested since the two of us were going to dinner that we have them join us. And that was the plan. We headed to 'The Capri', an Italian restaurant, in Eagle Rock, that all of us frequent regularly. There is never a line. Except on Valentine's Day! We sure found that out! We got to the Capri @ 7:30 and were in line until 8:15. We had dinner @ 9. I don't like to eat late, but this was a special occasion. We got back to our place around 10:15 and I cut the cake. My sister and niece left about 10:30ish. It was a long day and by 12:00, I was dead to the world. But as exhausting as Valentine's Day was, I look forward to all the craziness of the day each year. I am saddened when the day ends. Each year, it is a magical day for me. And although the day has come and gone, I am still receiving Valentine's Day cards in the mail, love text messages, and emails. I am so grateful for all the special people in my life. I feel truly blessed.

No comments: