Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, September 30, 2007



I made these pages several months apart. But somehow, they go together -they are a continua-tion of each other. I started out by layering pieces of paper to build up the background. I had some old love poems and letters that I had had for awhile. Just like my dear friend and fellow artist, Kelly, I am a paper whore! And proud of it! I LOVE anything that is paper. I collect bits and pieces of paper and file them away for a later time. Many times, those bits and pieces generate the themes and ideas for my future projects. Somehow, those letters and poems found their way to me. I had no idea what I was going to do with them. As I read through them, I saw the love and passion between the anonymous lovers. And because they seemed to be secret lovers, I embedded their love and passion into my pages. I tried to tell their story in my book. Here is the first piece - it speaks to the mysterious closeness and distance that exists between a man and a woman.

The second piece is called
"Bride of Passion". More pieces of paper buried under the pages with just 4 colors: buff, red, black, and gray. Since relationships are in a constant state of flux, I wanted that to be represented in the colors and images on these 2 pages. All 4 of these pages are in an atlas that I altered. I am almost finished with this book; it has taken 2 years, on-and-off, to finish this book.

No comments: