Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Thursday, September 27, 2007






These two pieces reflect one of the most frequent themes found in my work: the value of a life. I am forever grateful for the great life I have. Unfortunately, not every person is able to have that same type of life. I ponder quite often about why some persons are more fortunate than others. Is it the luck of the draw? Are we that insignificant in comparison to the universe? Do we humans not have any control over our fates? I feel every life is valuable. Everyone has something to contribute. I treat everyone with respect and consideration. I hate when people fuss over me and make a big deal out of me or my position. My job doesn't change anything about what kind of person I am . I am still the same person I was before I became an administrator. My job doesn't make me any more important than anyone else. Last week, I had one of those moments that I find quite humbling. I went to lunch with a friend; we went to an Italian restaurant. We had called in the order and went to pick up our food. My friend introduced me to the owner of the restaurant. He introduced me by name and told the owner I was an assistant principal. The owner and I shook hands and he said to me, "How you doing, hon?" I thought, 'You're right, I am hon', and had a good laugh about the whole thing. Afterall, in his environment, I was 'hon'. At the end of the day, we are all just human beings - the titles mean nothing.

No comments: