Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sounds Like Grunge to Me



Hard to believe that yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the release of Nirvana's "Nevermind" album. This has got to be one of my all-time favorite albums/cd's. Back in 1991, we were living in San Francisco and I heard and played this all of the time. It had such a San Francisco-vibe and since we were living in the Haight, it fit in perfectly. A few years ago, I compiled my "Ten Albums I Would Take to the Island" with me - this was on that list. And today, it still would go with me to that island. "Come As You Are" is my favorite cut on the album. Kurt Cobain, gone too soon just like the guy in my next post.

No comments: