Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Greatest American Poet and a Few Other Things



One of the advantages of having older siblings is that I got exposed to some fucking amazing music at a very young age. I absolutely LOVE Jim Morrison. I fell in love with the Doors when I was about 6 and by the time I was 11, Jim Morrison was dead and the Doors pretty much died too. I still remember the day he died and how much "L.A. Woman" was playing on the airwaves. Many years later, as an English major in college, I fell in love with the beauty and poetry of his lyrics. Although I am not some MAJOR critic of music or literature and poetry, I have always thought Jim Morrison has been the greatest American poet of my lifetime. Although I have a great fondness and admiration for Robert Frost and other great American poetic treasures such as Maya Angelou, since Jim Morrison only lived to be 27, it makes his songs and poems even more important, in my eyes. And as you can see for yourself, he was an incredibly sexy man... 30+ years after his death, there is no one in music who had that magic that Jim Morrison had.

No comments: