Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

I am taking a little breather from working in a book or making books. These little guys are called my "soul cards". However, this is the 2009 version of them! I have made many of these little guys over the years and have taught my students how to make a deck that is truly their own. Of all of the classes I have taken that my dear friend, Kelly Kilmer, has taught, this has been my favorite. The plan is for me to make a deck of 12, a sample deck. Next month, I am planning to have a few girlfriends over for art-making and lunch. They have been "itching" for me to teach a class. The soul cards will work since they are pretty fast to make. Tomorrow is beckoning ... week 4 of summer school and the last week the middle school kids will be attending Wilson High. I must say I have really LOVED having the little guys on campus. It has been SO long since I taught junior high! All said, those years I taught junior high were the best of my career.

No comments: