Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Saturday, November 3, 2007




Recently, I bought a terrific little book by Taschen, called
"Mexico Style". I paid under $15 for it. It is a bargain and something I will constantly refer back to. And the best part of it, it fits right into my purse. For many years, I have heard from many people, particularly artists, that I have a great eye for color. I don't know how true that is, but I think that my Latin roots have something to do with that "gift". I am drawn to bright colors and use an abundance of them in my artwork. At home, there are splashes of color throughout the house, but because I am ever mindful of the other half who lives with me, our home is, by my standards, very restrained. However, there is no doubt that Latins live here! So, I decided to post some pictures that celebrate the colors of one of my cultures, my father's Mexican roots. One of my latest pieces is the Frida box. I completed the box last week. The other pictures, the blue staircase and the Day of the Dead niche, come from "Mexico Style".

No comments: