Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, December 26, 2010



Although I have seen some really wonderful movies this past year (and of course, none of them are current movies you can see at a movie theater), my favorite that I saw in 2010 is called "La Mission", with Benjamin Bratt. "La Mission" is about a Latino father coming to grips with his teenage son being gay. When we lived in San Francisco, we spent a lot of time in the Mission neighborhood. It felt like being back home in L.A. every time we ventured to "Pancho Villa's" or to Mission Dolores for Sunday mass. The colors and smells of the neighborhood conjured images of East Los Angeles and Boyle Heights. Anyway, besides being a terrific movie about the struggle to find acceptance and a sense of belonging, the movie is a wonderful and loving valentine to the Mission District.

No comments: