Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Omigod! 2 posts in the same day? In the same week? In the same month? Yes! I am getting ready for el dia de los muertos, celebrated in Mexico, on November 2nd. El dia de los muertos is 1 of my favorite days of the year. Besides working in my book and on my soul cards, I worked on this paper mache skull (calavera). I spent a lot of time decorating the calavera. Now, the only thing it still needs is a sealer. Once I seal the artwork, it will be off to a new home; 1 of my closest friends will be the recipient of this gift.

Speaking of el dia de los muertos, here are some places worthy of checking out because they offer classes and so much more regarding this important day:
1. The Folk Tree in Pasadena
2. Olvera Street in the downtown Los Angeles area
3. Self-Help Graphics in the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles
Check my blog for links to all 3. There, you will find schedules of the events these 3 offer, as well as their hours of operation.

No comments: