Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, September 7, 2009

The end of summer... wow, where did the time go? Here are some more shots of our recent trip to Sonoma. The 1st shot, my husband and I took in the lobby of the hotel we stayed @. On our last night, we hung out in the lobby after dinner, for a couple of hours. The 2 of us spent time near the fire, reading and enjoying each other's company. We feel very blessed to have such a wonderful life
together-30 years this February.

A shot of the garden, directly across the street from "The French Laundry". I wonder if Thomas Keller ever uses anything in this garden for the meals he prepares...

The Yountville landscape - breath-taking.

On our last day in Sonoma, we stopped @ the Oakville Market, in Yountville. We bought sandwiches, chips, olives, drinks, and sweets for an impromptu picnic. I took these photos while we were inside the market, trying to decide on what to eat. Look at these olives inviting you to dig in with that spoon.

Every type of cheese you could imagine.

More cheeses, local products and beautiful packaging.

One last shot of the cheese bar. Tonight, as a swan song to summer, we enjoyed a barbeque, just the 2 of us, and hung out in our backyard. Lately, I have been spending a lot of time in my garden and it is really starting to take off! Everything seems to be blooming! It is hard to imagine that we have been in this place for a year. Hard to imagine that it will soon be the 1 year anniversary of Mom's passing. Hard to imagine that tomorrow I start year 25 with LAUSD. Where has all that time gone? Wasn't it just yesterday that I couldn't sleep all night, anticipating my 1st day as an English teacher?! Well, as crazy as this may sound, I still have the same excitement and restless night before the new school starts. When I no longer feel that way, it is time to do something else.






No comments: