Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Boy, have I been swamped the last couple of weeks! We just finished week 3 of the new school year. I will soon be leaving Wilson again. I have been promoted to a Director's position and will be working @ our local district office. In my new role, I will be opening 5 new schools on 1 campus and re-structuring another school into small schools. Target date: September 2010. Since I am still @ my old job, I have been really doing 2 jobs @ the same time. Although challenging and never boring, to do both places justice, I need to move on to the new job. But I also still need to make time for art-making. As Jack Nicholson famously said in The Shining, "All work makes Jack a dull boy." Yesterday, I spent a good chunk of the day creating new art. I worked on my soul cards and added 2 more to my deck.

And I worked on 2 new pages in my book. I like the way these 2 pages flowed together and as an afterthought, I added the soul card to the center of these pages. This is the 1st work I have created in over 2 weeks. And my blog can attest to that...

3 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Love seeing your work, as always...
good luck with the new job!

Roseann Cazares said...

Thanks, Kelly! My same sentiments about yours! You have been on the road a lot. Maybe a future class on this side of town soon?

Kelly Kilmer said...

yup! This weekend-maybe-in So Pasadena..Zinnia, I'm there every month ;)

Hope things are going well...miss seeing you.