Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Today was all about catching up with old, close friends. I met 2 of my oldest friends, Christina and Yolanda at the Huntington Museum, in San Marino. The 3 of us met for tea to celebrate our birthdays (all of us are February babies) and my promotion to principal. As I have posted before, the Huntington is 1 of my favorite places on the planet. I visit it several times a year and each time I do, I especially enjoy the peace of mind and solace the gardens offer.

I forgot to mention that Chris and Yolanda are both art teachers and artists. However, Chris is officially retired. The 3 of us taught together @ my 1st school, Stevenson Junior High School, in the Boyle Heights community, in Los Angeles. The 3 of us have been friends for all of my career: 24 years. The photo above is from 1 of the gifts Chris gave each of us. My photo doesn't really do justice to her adorable artwork and creativity! It is a basket and inside, is a gift. But if you look closely in between the 2 bunnies, there is a silver ring. It is actually 3 rings bound together. When you take the ring apart, the center ring opens and exposes a heart in the center. Chris gave Yolanda and me the same ring. Chris had the ring on too and said that the rings were a sign of our friendship - each of us now has a ring that honors many years of friendship.
More gifts that Chris bestowed on us. Check out the beautiful ribbon flowers on our gifts that Chris made. Oh, to be retired...

After lunch, we went into the gardens and took some pictures of this wonderful day. This shot is of Chris and me, in the rose garden. Right now, the Huntington is blooming in all its glory. Spring has arrived!

All through tea, these beauties were tempting me! I could see them through the windows of the tea room. And I bet it would not take much to imagine their scent. I got a chance to snap them up close, and yes, their scent was heavenly!
1 last photo... Chris and Yolanda sitting in the rose garden. Today was a perfect day (even if it was somewhat gloomy and chilly). There is nothing quite like spending a day at the Huntington, having tea, and catching up with special friends. Now, I am ready to go back to work after this week off..



No comments: