Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Last Sunday, my friend, Carol Parks, hosted a Valentine's Day Salon for 12 very lucky and artistic women! I happened to be 1 of those lucky women. The shot above is of Carol's table.

I made party favors and gave these out with antique reproduction store-bought cards for all the guests.

Carol had this board up with photos of all her guests. There was a number under each photo. The photos were mostly of the artists as children. Except for me. We then had to match the names with photos. Well, as you can see in the background, my photo was not very difficult to figure out!

Carol made each of us a box and stocked it like only she can do! Below, the shot is from the inside of my box, which appears above.

A view of my box before I opened it up!

Artist, Pam Garrison, who is 1 of my favorite artists, made each of us this gem!

Another shot of Pam's valentine and on the right, is a book Sonora Beam made me.

When you visit Carol's home, the first thing that strikes you is that she has so many displays, you just might miss something! Her displays are works of art. Each display tells a little story. This photo is from the inside of a trunk that Carol has on a chair.

As part of the event, there was Bill the balloon artist, making balloons into art! He made this lovebird set inside a heart for me to use for our anniversary, Valentine's Day.

A view of another trunk, exploding with colors and textures, all in the name of art.

A basket of ribbon that only Carol can make into art!

Carol's "Winter Wonderland" inviting us to her home. . . It was a perfect afternoon! Carol showered us with gifts, catered food, champagne, sweets galore, wonderful company, a masseuse, the chance to catch up with old friends, and the opportunity to make new friends.










No comments: