Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

February was a tumultous month, both on a personal and professional level. But no matter how crazy life may get, I have always relied on the powers of music to get me through just about every problem. On February 24, Van Morrison, 1 of my favorite singers, and someone who I think truly epitomizes the word "artist", released a live version of "Astral Weeks", an album he released in 1968 and who many believe is 1 of the best records EVER recorded. As I listened to this interview on Saturday, it brought me to tears to listen to this man's music. I have been loving Van Morrison and his unique style of music almost my entire life. And these 4+ minutes, are just about as perfect as "Astral Weeks". You can hear it for yourself here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101031512

No comments: