Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Monday, September 8, 2008

I am in a "hands" mood! These 2 and the last 2 shots are some of my pages that feature hands. The hands on the red pages are actually my hands. I can still remember creating these pages. I had red and orange paint all over my hands and nails. The 2 of these pieces really fit well together. The top piece is called "I Won't Compromise". This has been my mantra all of my professional life. And maybe it is a BIG reason why I can't seem to go anywhere in the district I am in. But if it means compromising my beliefs to get that fucking promotion, then I would rather stay where I am.

Tonight, I tried to work on some new artwork. Much of my art supplies are still in boxes, in the garage. But I do have most of my paints organized and available in my studio. I am hoping to start a few new pieces that are actually boxes I am turning into coffins! Yes, you read right! I am getting ready for "el dia de los muertos", the day of the dead, which is fast becoming my 2nd favorite day of the year, right behind Valentine's Day. I was going to paint the boxes and realized I couldn't find any of the boxes of waxed paper I have. I use wax paper as a palette and also as a surface to dry my artwork on. Well, since I couldn't find the wax paper, I decided to work on a new page in 1 of my current jourals. Because all of the pages are already painted, I can work on collaging and/or writing in it. So, after all that, I worked on a new page tonight and that was the BIG extent of creating new art.

No comments: