Welcome to my blog! I am so excited to share my art and adventures as an administrator with others. Thank you for making the time to view my blog and giving me your input.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I have been in a 70's mood for the last few months. I grew up in the 70's and although that period is usually defined as the "disco era", I was NEVER into that kind of music or discos, but I could totally relate to the "bohemian" look that was SO popular back then and is once again in vogue now. Jane Fonda's shag and style epitomized the bohemian and haute couture hippie vibe that was very prevalent during the 70's. The top photo is of Jane Fonda accepting her 1st Academy Award for Best Actress, in the movie "Klute", which I recently saw for the first time.

I love this photo of Jane Fonda - I love the pastels and bare feet that seem to say summer is around the corner. This outfit looks very modern - it is hard to believe this photo is almost 40 years old.

A shot from "Klute", starring Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland. Jane Fonda is wearing a trench coat and a long, black sequined dress in this photo. I have 3 trench coats - a traditional khaki, a silk, dressy version, and a denim version. It seems the trench NEVER goes out of style. And I have a short, black sequined dress that is a classic too! I have worn it only once, but boy, did it get lots of compliments. My husband and I went to a formal that I wore it to - as good as the dress looked, my best "accessory" was my husband in a suit. He looked absolutely stunning and I couldn't keep my eyes off of him! I think it is time to pull that dress out of the closet again...

No comments: